Revelation 10:1-11 Questions:
1. Rev 10:1: “I saw still another mighty angel coming down from heaven, clothed with a cloud. And a rainbow was on his head, his face was like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire.’”
a. There are some commentators who feel that this “mighty angel” is none other than Jesus, particularly because the description is similar to that of Jesus unveiled in Rev 1. Do you agree? Please state reasons why you agree or disagree.
2. Rev 10:2-3: “He had a little book open in his hand. And he set his right foot on the see and his left foot on the land, and cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roars. When he cried out, seven thunders uttered their voices.”
a. What do you think this “little book” is?
b. Who do you think is the voice of the “seven thunders”?
3. Rev10:4: “Now when the seven thunders uttered their voices, I was about to write; but I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, ‘Seal up the things which the seven thunders uttered, and do not write them.’”
a. Why do you think John was instructed to “Seal up the things which the seven thunders uttered, and do not write them.”?
4. In Rev 10:6 John is told “that there should be delay no longer.” What is this referring to?
5. Rev 10:7: “but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets.”
a. What is the “mystery of God” referred to in this verse?
b. Can you list at least a few of the “mysteries” that is spelled out in the New Testament?
6. In Rev 10:8-10 John is instructed to “Take and eat” the little book.
a. What is the significance of this instruction?
b. Why is it “sweet as honey” in John’s mouth but “bitter” in his stomach?
7. Rev 10:11: “And he said to me, ‘You must prophesy again about many peoples, nations, tongues, and kings.”
a. Do you think the directive given in this verse is connected to the “little book” that John is instructed to eat?
b. Do you think the directive given in this verse is connected to what John was instructed to seal and not write down in regard to “the seven thunders” that “uttered their voices”?
8. List the last four Kings of Judah and how they are related to each other.
9. In Eze 17, why do you think the Lord had Ezekiel prophesy through a parable?
10. In Eze 18, what was the false proverb that Israel was using? How did the Lord correct this false proverb?
One Year Bible Reading: Daniel Questions:
11. When was Daniel taken into captivity? Chronologically list the prophecies of Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and Daniel from first to last.